bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Quick Question  (Read 6310 times)

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Quick Question
« on: March 19, 2006, 12:17:14 PM »

Dear Ray,

I've read a lot of the material on your site, and have learned much. I appreciate your persistence in revealing and teaching the truth. I completely understand the concept of aionion life meaning a quality of life during a specially designated age. What I am having trouble with is how salvation can be described by the same prefix aionion. Salvation, as I understand its biblical significance, is an ongoing process that God is performing in us over time. I also understand that the common teaching about salvation being an instantaneous transformation during a quantum of time is essentially the crux of modern day Christendom, and is seriously in error. For there to be an aionion salvation given to those who have been given aionion life, there has to be a second class of salvation created to explain this. Why do I say this? Well, All will be saved. That is a promise. ALL are given salvation. Ye t, the all who are given salvation are not necessarily given aionion life. Therefore, it is possible to not be given aionion life and to be given salvation. By the same line of reasoning, it can be deduced that aionion salvation is a special process that those who are given aionion life experience. I understand that aionion salvation doesn't imply that salvation comes to an end, that is impossible. But aionion salvation has to be different from the salvation given to all the world. That is the part I am having trouble putting my finger on, so to speak.

If you can shed some more light, that would be of interest to my curiosity.

Best regards,
Doug

Dear Doug:

The chosen, few, elect, overcomes in this church age are promised "eonian" life with Christ during the oncoming eons.  The rest of humanity will NOT be given rulership in the Kngdom of God during the eons or ever. That's the difference.

God be with you,

Ray

Ray,
Love your site!
I understand "aionion life" means  'life of the ages'. What about aionion salvation in "And being MADE perfect, He became the Author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey Him?" (Heb. 5:8-9)." We are saved from death, disease, pain, and sin. So doesn't our salvation result in immortality, and thus, isn't our salvation really eternal, and not just for an "age".

Thanks,
Doug

Dear Doug:

There doesn't seem to be one orthodox Christian in the world who understands that what the King James calls "eternal life" should be translated "eonian life" (or "age-abiding life") because the verses that speak of eonian life have nothing whatsoever to do with LIVING FOREVER.  Eonian is a special REWARD and GIFT from God and has to do with rulership in His Kingdom, not with HOW LONG we will live. The eons (or ages) come to an end (I Cor. 15:24-25), therefore, our reigning over the nations with Jesus will also end.

What then? Do we DIE, as many teachers and Christians have foolishly insisted would have to be the outcome of "eonian life?"  No, we do not DIE, but we do not die because God gave us "eternal life." Nowhere does it say God gives anyone "eternal life."  The reason we don't die after the eons is because God has given us "IMMORTALITY (I Cor. 15:53).  

Certainly our salvation IS eternal, its just that the Bible nowhere says its "eternal," but rather that we are given "immortality."  Therefore it is WRONG to translate a word into "eternal" when it doesn't mean "eternal," even though after the eonian life, falsely called eternal life, ends.  I've explained this many times on our site along with analogies to help clarify it. You really need to read all the material on our site if you want to know ALL that we teach on our site.

God be with you,

Ray
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 12:58:24 PM by Kat »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.