bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 5595 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Greetings
« on: June 08, 2006, 11:55:30 AM »

Whew!

I have just recently found your website and want to say how much I agree with most of what you have written.

I have had countless arguments with other followers over the years over:

Eternal Hell- I have ALWAYS had a hard time reconciling this view with The God of my Bible.  Lots of flak from others over that view.

Immortal soul-  The Word says we sleep, that's always been good enough ( and in some cases, very appealing) for me.

666- The 2 places where the mark occurs have something in common.

The Head-The seat of human thought
The Hand- The instigator of human action.

I do not claim to know what the true mark is, but I have never thought it was a tattoo of some sort.  Lots of flak over this view as well.

After reading some of your articles and responses, am I correct in assuming:

The 10 Commandments are void?

My question regards the 4th Commandment.  I have discussed this issue (my argument, if we are not to follow this one, why are we to follow any?) at great length and most of the people I have discussed this with are in your camp.

Though I see to vast differences between the Mosaic Law, and the 10 Commandments, I would appreciate you addressing the issues that always arise for me being able to take that view.

1) Gen 2:2 indicates that God set aside the 7th day long before there was a nation of Jews.   What are your thoughts on why He did this?

2) If the Commandment "Thou Shalt not kill" was not in effect at the time of Abel's death, what was Cain's sin?  If indeed there is no sin apart from the law, why was Cain rebuked?

3) Jesus indicates that "The Sabbath was made for man"  not "The Sabbath was made for the children of Jacob".  

4) The last chapter of Isaiah indicates that all mankind would bow down before God from 1 Sabbath to another"..Is it your view that the Sabbath will not be a requirement until we reach God's New Kingdom?

5) The beginning of God's plan includes this time frame, and the renewal at the end (Isaiah 66:22) of time includes this.  Neither time frame is specific to the Jewish Nation.

6) What exactly was Noah "blameless" from?  If, in the absence of law there is no sin, what is the blamelessness that was accredited to Noah?

7) What sin was held against Sodom & Gomorrah?  If the Law was not in effect?

8) Exodus 16:25-28 seems to indicate that at the very least, the 4th Commandment was in effect.  This was before Moses' trip up the mountain.

9) When Jesus died on the cross, the Temple curtain tore in half.  There is no mention that the 10 Commandments shattered, or vanished in a cloud of smoke.  This seems to indicate that the Mosaic Law, (not the 10 Commandments) were nullified.

10) The 10 Commandments were written in Stone, the Law of Moses on Parchment.

11) The 10 Commandments were placed directly inside the Ark Of The Covenant.  The Law of Moses was placed outside the Ark in a small compartment.

Once again, you have laid out plenty of truth, which is what I seek.  If you can't respond to the entire list, would you please respond to a few items on it?

Thanks Ray,

nathaniel

Dear Nathaniel:
You apparently didn't read the section about keeping emails and questions short. I have over 600 unanswered emails ahead of yours. I cannot possibly answer all of your questions in less than a few days. You bring up huge subjects, and some of your questions are based on false assumptions. It is too much to untangle all that you have stated and asked. Where did anyone keep the sabbath before Israel?  Who said there was no law against killing before Moses?  What makes you think the "ten commandments" are "void?"  You separate the Mosaic law and the Ten Commandments.  The Ten commandments ARE the essential basis for the Old Covenant (Deut. 4:17), etc., etc., etc.
God be with you,
Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 22 queries.