bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Paradise and Preaching in Hell  (Read 7865 times)

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Paradise and Preaching in Hell
« on: March 19, 2006, 11:51:41 AM »

Hi Ray,
I am really -in- with what wisdom done to you---that you are quite unshaken by so many critics and I thank God for that. May the good Lord bless you more with wisdom and knowledge, good health and faith ---- that those who contrdict God's word may have very very hard time in depending their human tradition and blatant contradictions IF NOT TOTALLY DESTROYED---AT LEAST FOR NOW.

I read your article regarding the correct placing of comma in a senario in conversation of Jesus with one of the guys beside Him at the cross. This totally rebuke the wrong notions of many Christians regarding a Christian death going directly to paradise even before Jesus second coming.

I have somewhat at an end and can not explain the following verse:
MATTHEW 27:51-53
51At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook and the rocks split. 52The tombs broke open and the bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life. 53They came out of the tombs, and after Jesus' resurrection they went into the holy city and appeared to many people.

Critic says: This verse proves the start of those who died after their life here on earth  has ended gone up to paradise.

I know that on the second coming those who died in Christ are the first who will be resurrected. But somehow what does these Mat. 27:51-53 means and implies? Does Jesus preach in hell as many believes is there a verse on this?

Hope you find time for me on this.

Thanking you in advance, I shall be waiting for your reponse. May the good Lord Jesus bless you.

Cesar

Dear Cesar:

Those resurrected at the time of Christ's crucifixion were saints well-known in Jerusalem. Jesus had publically stated that He is the resurrection. The resurrection of these saints was proof of His statement.

These saints were resurrected physically, so that they could be seen by those who knew them and who knew that they had died. They were not given immortal bodies at that time, and hence, just like Lazarus, died again. In the resurrection to eonian life, the saints are given SPIRITUAL bodies and immortality, not physical life (I Cor.15: 44).

God be with you,

Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.