bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Family  (Read 5342 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Family
« on: April 11, 2006, 06:28:12 PM »

Dear  RAY !
      I read  with interest and delight your many subjects on "Bible Truths" . Yes, I waded  through practically all of the topics and E-mails and  answers and find myself agreeing with nearly all you have to say . .In an answer  givien to one Lady you make mention that  GOD is  a Family .  I  know where that particular teaching comes from , because at one time  I was associated  with a church  that  taught this  doctrine as well  .  However .try as I might  I can  find no support  for this  in Scripture . No  indeed  , He  HAS  a family , a family of one , His ONLY SON   . ( And assuredly  many more sons in the future )  I know  I  have much  truth yet to learn  and  much  error to unlearn  ; aaaaaaaaaaaaaah yes , that is  the price  I pay for having been complacent  when i was; a member of an organized  church   ( W.C.G. )
     My very best wishes to you  as you labour  in love  . And I know  that  our  Heavenly  Father will richly bless you   !

Best  reards ;      Hans

Dear Hans:
    Eph. 2:19 should properly read: "...but are fellow-citizens of the saints and belong to  God's FAMILY..."   Not: "the household of God."  Surely God does not have a "household."

Furthermore, God is our FATHER, Jesus is His SON, and we are "SONS and DAUGHTERS" (II Cor. 6:18).  THAT'S a "family."

Denominations have NOTHING to do with whether God is a "Family" or not.
    God be with you,
    Ray
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 03:03:02 PM by mharrell08 »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 22 queries.