bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Long Hair  (Read 5798 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Long Hair
« on: February 24, 2007, 05:16:22 PM »

Dear Ray: Here is your comment to someone named Tad about a question he had about men having long hair.

Dear Tad:

The "long hair" of I Cor. 11:14 is not speaking solely of "long" hair, but, tressed hair or tresses, ringlets of curled hair, or tufts.

My question to you is: Where in the scriptures do you read the answer you had for him?

I have been reading a lot from your web, and have found them to interesting and truthful until I read this. You have stressed sticking to the scriptures, yet you digressed in your answer to Tad.

How do you answer this?
Shirley

Dear Shirley:

Well I can certainly see how you could totally lose confidence in me over a subject a big and as important as long hair.  Ray is an heretic--what more is there to be said?  Take him out and shoot him!

Just kidding........

"Does not even nature itself teach you, that if a man have long hair [Greek: #2863, komao, Strong's: from 2864 'to wear TRESSES of hair'], it is a shame unto him? But if a woman have long hair [Greek: #2863, kamao, Strong's "from 2865, 'to wear TRESSES of hair']
Webster's Collegiate Dictionary: 'tress, a long a LOCK or RINGLET of hair,  A PLAIT of hair;'  'ringlet, a long SPIRALLY CURLED, LOCK of hair;'    'lock, A length or CURL of hair; a TRESS.'  Etc.

"Is not even nature itself teaching you that if a man, indeed, should have TRESSES, it is a dishonor to him, yet if a woman should have TRESSES, it is her glory, seeing that TRESSES have been given her...." (I Cor. 11:14-15, CONCORDANT LITERAL NEW TESTAMENT)

God be with you,
Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.