bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: God "Hates" those who bear false witness  (Read 7056 times)

rrammfcitktturjsp

God "Hates" those who bear false witness
« on: February 12, 2007, 08:30:37 PM »

To All,

I have listened to Ray's talk on Love.  I am confused, Ray mentioned that the Greek word for hate means to love less?  I guess I am confused on how God can hate and love at the same time.  Is this parrellel <sic> loving and hating Lubbock at the same time? 

This talk has confused me greatly in this respect.

Any help would be beneicial and desired.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 08:45:37 PM by rrammfcitktturjsp »

hillsbororiver

Re: God "Hates" those who bear false witness
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 08:45:17 PM »

Rom 9:13  As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.3404

G3404
μισέω
miseō
mis-eh'-o
From a primary word μῖσος misos (hatred); to detest (especially to persecute); by extension to love less: - hate (-ful).

Anne,

I hope this helps,

Joe

hebrewroots98

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 09:31:49 PM »

Yes, Anne, that is exactly the concept; it is a love/hate relationship that we have with Lubbock, Texas; just as God has a love/hate relationship with HIS creatures who refuse to DO HIS WILL.  GOD loves less those who are offending HIS GREATNESS AND HIS LOVE AND HIS WORK IN US AND FOR US, AND THOSE WHO LIVE FOR THEMSELVES INSTEAD OF FOR HIM; BUT, HE  ESPECIALLY LOVES LESS THOSE IN HIS CREATION WHO DO NOT APPRECIATE THE SACRIFCE OF HIS SON YESHUA.  HE cannot stand certain things that we humans do, thus HE loves those people less.  HE loves to show favoritism to those who respect and love YESHUA and who DO HIS WILL and who love HIS truth enough to live for HIM.  He blesses those who bless HIM and HE curses those who curse HIM (Duet. 28, 29, 30) Just as one loves the good things that their child does, and we hate the sinful things that they do, we bless them according to their works of righteousness, and through it all, we will always love them regardless.

This is a hard concept, but, God is always 'Just' in HIS dealings with us.   IF HE IS THE ALPHA AND THE OMEGA, THE BEGINNING AND THE END ALL AT THE SAME TIME ;) THEN HE CAN LOVE AND HATE ALL AT THE SAME TIME. :-* >:( ;)  GOD IS SPIRIT, and we cannot understand the lofty things of God fully, we are limited in our carnalness.  I hope this shed some light on the issue for you. 

gmik

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007, 10:27:17 PM »

Anne, you need to listen to the tape several times.  I know I have to.

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 12:33:49 AM »

Susan and Joe,

Thanks.  Joe, thanks for posting the Greek word up, now I can go from that.

Susan,

Hmmm, Your post shed some great light on my dilmema.  I have relistened to it and gleaned some other stuff. It is wonderful to know that I do not have to have any unrealisitc <sic> loving for some of the hard to love people.  What a freedom.  Susan, I could see the light just shining out of your eyes in the truck when you were talking about Ray's talk on love, and know I know why.  Thanks for being the ligh ontop of a hill for me, appreciate it.

Yes, now I am beginning to comprehend where God says My ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts are higher than your thoughts.  Boy he sure was not kidding.   ;D  And I thought I was smart LOL.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

hebrewroots98

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2007, 12:38:19 AM »

I'm glad for you Anne :D

josh

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2007, 01:02:24 AM »

Anne,

You asked:

“I am confused, Ray mentioned that the Greek word for hate means to love less?”

You are correct, Ray did mention that the GREEK word for hate means “by extension to love less.”

Look at Romans 9:13 - “As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.”

As Joe mentioned, this is the greek word:
………………………………...............................

G3404

miseō
mis-eh'-o
From a primary word μῖσος misos (hatred); to detest (especially to persecute); by extension to love less: - hate (-ful).

Now I believe that Ray mentioned this in the audio study but Romans 9:13 (New Testament) is a quote from the first chapter of Malachi (Old Testament). 

The reason I am pointing this out is that the OT and the NT are written in completely different languages, therefore we cannot look to the Greek meaning of a word that is quoted from a text that was written in the Hebrew language originally to gain proper understanding.

Here is the original verse from Malachi 1:2-3:

"I have loved you, saith the LORD. Yet ye say, Wherein hast thou loved us? Was not Esau Jacob's brother? saith the LORD: yet I loved Jacob, and I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness."

Check out the definition for "hate" from the Hebrew:

H8130

śânê'
saw-nay'
A primitive root; to hate (personally): - enemy, foe, (be) hate (-ful, -r), odious, X utterly.

The Hebrew definition leaves no room for “to love less”… no, instead “to hate (personally)… utterly.”

The question we are left with is can God love someone and hate them at the same time?

What do the scriptures say? 

Ecc 3:1, 8  To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven... A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace

According to the scriptures, there is definitely a time to HATE, even for God…  but how long will God’s hatred last? Eternally? God Forbid!

Instead, God’s “agapao” for the entire creation will out last His temporary hatred… and one day we will all experience the “phileo” of our Father.

Hope this helps shed some light.

Grace and Peace.
Josh
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 01:07:14 AM by In Medias Res »

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2007, 01:13:27 AM »

Josh,

Thanks so much for you reply.  I loved the conclusion of your post.  I am so glad that ALL men/women will be phileo'd by God eventually.  I can now rest in the fact that All things will work together for the good.  Hope I have not misstated that verse.

Your was a most encouraging post.  Thank you.  I can now rest easy in my question, knowing that the end is secure for ALL.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 20 queries.