bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Free Will  (Read 5514 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Free Will
« on: September 19, 2006, 01:51:24 PM »

Hello Ray, I have read your page on free will and I guess I need some enlightening on the verse where Jesus said ,Who so ever WILL let him come and drink of the waters of life freely. WHO SO EVER WILL? does that say what I think it is saying? sounds like it is up to us and our free will, maybe not. I do know there is no contradictions in the WORD of GOD. please respond
                                                                John

Dear John;
I guess I have answered your very question about a hundred times by now. There are HUNDREDS of places in the Scriptures which speak of doing something, making a decision, choosing between two things, etc. Not ONE of them has anything to do with "free" will.  You need to read the first couple of pages of the first of my four-part series on the Free Will Myth. I answer it in great detail after I first define what is meant by "free will" or "free choice.' Everyone has the bility to make choice, but that choice is based on SOME CAUSE, and that cause is what renders the choice to be not free.

God forsaw EVERYTHING in His creation BEFORE the creation. Therefore, nothing is "free" to go contrary to what God already knows MUST AND WILL BE!  "For it is GOD which works in you both to WILL and to DO of His Good pleasure" (Phil. 2:13).  We must first believe the Scriptures before e will be able to understand the Scriptures.

God be with you,

Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.