bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Demons?  (Read 6753 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Demons?
« on: September 17, 2006, 11:17:05 AM »

Hi Ray,
    >
    > Really quick question. Can a Christian "or anyone" become possessed by
    > demons? Do the rites of exorcism work? What might be the purpose of
    > exorcism? I believe I have felt the influence of demons in my life at
    > certain times. I think every person does whether they are aware of it
    > or not.
    >
    > What is your interpretation of the truth here?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Chris

Dear Chris:

There have been probably 5 to 10 thousand volumes written on demons and exorcism. It is not likely that I can explain this subject in five to ten sentences.

There is "possession" and there is "obsession."  Many people are obsessed with demons and evil spirits rather than being actually possessed and totally out of control mentally.

Catholic exorcism is more superstition than Scriptural.  Protestant ministers try to shout and SCREAM them out of people.  I had only a few personal experiences with people who were demonized.  With one elderly woman we prayed and one by one Jesus casted out a half dozen or so demons--each with his own name, I might add.

The truth is that we "wrestle against such spiritual wickedness in high places" (Eph. 6:12).  It is part of our Christian walk of faith.

The world is filled with "spirits of antichrist."  Many Christians worship these spirits.  I cast out dozens and dozens of these spirits of antichrist on our bible-truth.com site, and many pastors, theologians, and Christians hate and despise me for doing it. They love these evil spirits. But always remember, that if you have the Spirit of God in you, then:

"Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is He that is in you, than he that is in the world" (I John 4:3-4).

God be with you,

Ray

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Re: Demons?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2006, 01:35:55 PM »

thank you once again for your encouragement.  I think I am beginning to get this or at least understand a little.  Let me see if I am.

I can make a choice about something, but God never forces the choice.  That feeling I have when I am doing something I shouldn’t is the will of God which never changes.  I might make a choice to ignore it, but regardless of what I do, God’s will is accomplished because not even my simple choice changes His will.  Eventually, long term or short, His will is accomplished in me.  The suffering, frustration and what I may sense is delay of resolution is also His will.  Something he has deemed necessary for me to learn.  Am I getting any closer to understanding?

Maybe a metaphor will state it better.  We are all on a road that goes one direction.  There are many lanes on this highway.  I can switch lanes as I choose or perhaps I am guided by God to do so when I listen to him, but I can’t exit the highway, I can’t change my round-about direction and when the highway ends, there will be judgment and two exits.  1.  Salvation  2.  Salvation through the lake of fire.  Throughout our lives, God tells us what lanes to best navigate the traffic.  The journey.  We can either live according to God’s directions or not by “changing lanes.”  We cannot though change His ultimate will for us on Earth or our final destination which is salvation.

If I still don’t understand, I guess I need to read your writings again and try a second time at asking God for help in understanding.

Either way, it is nice to know someone cares about me, and your time as always is appreciated.  Your responses are sometimes raw and cut to the bone, but I appreciate that.  I need that kind of tough love and respect people that cut through the BS and get to the point.

God Bless!

Christopher

Dear Christopher:

Well, you were doing pretty good up until you introduced your metaphor which then began to muddy the waters again.

God be with you,

Ray   
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 22 queries.