bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trinity  (Read 6977 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Trinity
« on: August 22, 2006, 10:45:45 AM »

Dear Ray:

I wanted to send you a quick note and praise you for your Scriptural Truths, especially that God is not a Trinity and that hell is not eternal torment.

I am part of a small group that has a lot of similar beliefs to yours.  You can visit our website at:  www.vancouverecclesia.net which is still going through many changes, but our beliefs are included.

My son and I were baptized 4 years ago and have separated from the house church where we once belonged because of the belief in the Trinity or hybrid of the Trinity (belief that the Holy Spirit is an entity and not the power of God).  They also believed in speaking in tongues (gibberish in my book).  My sister labeled our new group a cult and that caused me much heartache and now I am dating a Trinitarian who was shocked to learn that I don't believe in the Trinity but is hearing me out and attending our Bible Studies.  The latest shock for him is that I don't believe in a fallen angel called Satan and that satan is a manifestation of our sinful nature.  I know that this is contrary to what you believe.  It is causing me heartache too and both he and I are praying a lot about it.

I see that you have a conference in early September and perhaps in the future we can attend a conference with like minded believers since it is uplifting to find ones that would not label us a cult.

I feel very good about where I'm at and I'm not going to change my beliefs for anyone, including my boyfriend.  I just pray that God keeps me strong.

In Christ,

Azaleen

Dear Azaleen:
I am familiar with the "Santan is your carnal mind" theory. Just two Scriptures might help you understand this cannot be Scripturally true:

[1] Rev. 20:1-3--Is God really going to "bind the carnal mind of all mankind" for a thousand years, and then give it back to them once again?  If no one has a carnal mind (sinful nature) how could they become sinful once again, and only for a short season?

[2] I Cor. 5:5--How can our flesh (sinful nature) destroy our flesh (sinful nature)? This is in contradiction to our Lord's statments concerning "Satan casting out Satan" (Matt. 12:26).

ALL THE SCRIPTURES must agree.

God be with you,
Ray

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Re: Trinity
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 04:38:51 PM »

Hi Ray,  I would like to share a debate on the devil with you that does an excellent job of showing both sides of this debate.  After reading the debate, I am still of the mindset that there is not a being called Satan.  Go to:

http://www.carelinks.net/books/dh/dbb/2-1devil_satan_debate_transcript.htm

In Christ,

Azaleen

Dear Azaleen:
So then you really do believe that the "carnal mind" of all humanity will be chained for a thousand years (Rev. 20:2)? and that Paul turned over the carnal mind to be destroyed of the carnal mind (I Cor. 5:5)? What  I would like you to share with me your Scriptural answer to these two Scriptures?  Your theory that "Satan is the carnal mind" does not quite fit all Scriptures, does it?
God be with you,
Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 22 queries.