bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Changes Mind?  (Read 6017 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Changes Mind?
« on: August 09, 2006, 09:44:11 PM »

First I would like to say that I have found your web site to be extremely valuable.  It has answered many questions that have been unanswered for many years.  I do have one question for you.  It is believed that God does not change his mind, correct?  How do you explain Isaiah 38??? In verse one, I am quoting from the Amplified Bible, ...thus says the Lord, set you house in order, for you shall die and not live.  Then in verse 3, Hezekiah prayed and cried.  Then in verse 5, ...Lord said, I have heard your prayer, I have seen your tears; behold, I will add to your life fifteen years. Did Hezekiah's prayer and tears influenced God to change his mind? I think so, why would it read that God heard Hezekiah's prayer and tears if it was not important in prolonging Hezekiah's life?  First, God said, you shall die and not live.  Then God said, I have heard your prayer, and seen your tears, so I will add 15 years to your life.  It sounds to me that God changed his mind. Don't you agree? What do you think? Am I missing something? Is it a mistranslation? I know that you receive so many emails, so I will be surprised if you take the time to answer mind; but I hope so. Maybe, if I pray and cry, the Lord will grant me my prayer for you to answer (correctly) this email.  Gee, I wish it was that easy: just pray and cry and God will answer prayer.

Thank you, in advance, for your thoughts on this subject.

Joe V.

No, Joe, I do not agree with you that God "changed His mind." God never ever CHANGES his mind. First, God NEVER CHANGES His mind about anything. He plainly tells us so in Mal. 3:6.  And in Num. 23:19 we are told that God is NOT A MAN that He should lie or that he should repent [change HIs mind].
God did not lie when he said that Hezekiah would die--he did die. And furthermore he would have died 15 years SOONER IF something else didn't take place. And so God saw to it that something else did take place. Hezekiah's prayer was OF GOD, seeing that "ALL IS OF GOD."  No one can say a prayer unless and until God first preordains that that person will say a prayer. Read my latest post on "PRAYING BY GOD'S RULES" and also my 120 page seres on "The Myth of Free Will Expose," which explain this whole subject in great detail using dozens and dozens and dozens of Scriptures to back it up.
God be with you,
Ray

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.